- You MUST contact your physician for a prescription of an antiviral medication (Valtrex, Zovirax, or other anti-viral) prior and post procedure to help prevent a herpes simplex virus infection (cold sores), especially if you even had only one time a cold sore break out. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. You have to take the medication for 5 days, start taking the medication 2 days prior and continue for 2 days post procedure.
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- Do not tan or have sunburned face.
- Do not take Aspirin (NSAID), Ibuprofen, Niacin, Aleve, Voltaren or Advil any Anti-inflammatory 72 hours before procedure, but you can take Tylenol or Acetaminophen if needed.
- Stop taking any natural blood thinning agents such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, prenatal vitamins, (hair, nail and skin) supplements, Fish oil, turmeric, ginger and etc., 1 week prior the treatment.
- No alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before the procedure. Even green or white tea have caffeine. No Energy drinks or black tea. Also avoid decaf coffee or tea they still contain some caffeine which could cause in patchy results.
- No waxing around the lip area 3 days before.
If you have lip fillers you have to wait 6 months and then getting your permanent lip procedure.
- You can get lip fillers again 6 weeks after your touch up.
If you have lip implants then you have to consult with your doctor and bring a note of their approval.
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- Avoid any anti-aging products or treatments such as AHA (Alpha Hydroxy acids) or BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acids), any sort of Vitamin A, brightening agent products and chemical peel 30 days prior to the treatment.
- Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any clients who are or have these conditions:
Pregnant or nursing
Keloids or Scar tissue
Undergoing Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
Viral infections and/or diseases
A Pacemaker or major heart problems
Had an Organ transplant
Skin irritations or Psoriasis
Sick (cold, flu)
Had Botox 2 weeks before the procedure
Used Accutane in the past year
If you have any of the above conditions please bring a note from your doctor stating their approval.
- Use a light exfoliant a day before your treatment to get rid of dry dead skin cells. You can make your own exfoliant. Use ½ teaspoon of sugar add ½ teaspoon of olive oil or avocado oil scrub it over the lips for about 1-minute wash it and apply a Chapstick.
Please note: Lips will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first 1-3 days. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures AND they will look lighter and patchy somewhere from day 3-10. The end result and color are more visible in about 4-5 weeks.
Please be patient because even though the surface of skin looks healed the underneath tissue is not and it takes up to 4-6 weeks to heal.
- Your lips will have swelling for about 1-2 days which will go away and your lips will shrink back to normal. The lips will start peel from inside towards the edges.
- You can apply ice pack to help with the swelling. Apply first a layer of the balm and then use a clean wet towel or cloth over the lips and a clean ice pack over the wet towel or cloth for 10 minutes interval in the first 24 hours. Do not let the ice pack make direct contact with your lips.
- Continue taking your anti-viral medication for the next 3 days.
- NO cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days.
- Residual pigment, blood, white blood cells, etc., can arise from the open wound. –During the first 24 hours, we ask the client to “wash the skin gently” with BABY Shampoo to remove/prevent build up and dust particles. After washing with a BABY Shampoo dry the area and then apply a thin layer of balm with a clean Q-tip over the treated area. Please dap or press the balm and AVOID rubbing.
- Don’t panic if dry patches or scabs appear as this can be taken care of in the second ‘Touch Up; appointment.
- After tenderness subsides, they will become flaky and look chapped. This is a normal “frosting over” period. DO NOT pick any flakes or you will lose pigment.
- Clients with sun damage, scar tissue and implants may not have strong results.
- Use a straw for drinking especially if the drink is hot. Avoid biting into big sandwiches, spicy, salty, greasy, oily and sour food. Cut them in small pieces and place them in your mouth without touching your lips. These can be very irritating and painful. Avoid stretching of the lips.
- Avoid licking your lips, this will lead to more dryness. As soon as you feel the lips are dry apply the Balm.
- Avoid teeth whitening and pay attention when brushing your teeth. Use a small amount of tooth paste to minimizing discomfort.
- Apply provided balm over your lips area every 3 hours for 7 days to avoid scabbing. If you lose your Balm There are many suitable natural oils that are great:
Grape Seed oil – most popular
Sweet Almond Oil
These oils heal the lips area holistically as well as getting the best results in retaining pigment color in the skin.
- Important Note: Avoid Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline during your healing period.
Anything with a Petroleum or Vaseline base can cause a reaction and can cause crusting and scabbing. We expect to see a little flaking but not scabbing. Vaseline/Petroleum can also cause sweating as the skin is not able to breathe.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- Always avoid laser treatments over the treated area (Fraxel laser, IPL), because they can destroy the pigment and cause burns.
- In the next 30 days avoid sun bathing, solarium, light therapies, chemical peels, fruit acids, microdermabrasion, creams that contain regeneration factors.
- Lips will feel dry between 1-4 months please be patient.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- Avoid dry or steam sauna, swimming pools, ocean for at least 4 weeks.
- No Makeup on the Lip area for the first 10 days.
- Please avoid hot water on treated area.
- Avoid smoking for at least 10 days.
- No Anti-Ageing creams on the lip area.
- Avoid rubbing or kissing for at least 10 days or your result will not be satisfying
- Leave your Lips area alone and let them heal totally for at least 14 days.